Thursday, March 17, 2011

Joni Mitchell

Joni Mitchell was a Canadian musician, songwriter, and painter. She was born in MacLeod, Alberta in 1943.
She went to art school and started playing the guitar and singing to make extra money. And she taught herself ukulele,it is a subset of the guitar family of instruments, and guitar as well. When she was nine, she got very sick with polio,an acute viral infectious disease spread from person to person. She started singing in the hospital. In 1964, although she got pregnant and had a baby girl, she couldn't take care of her. She didn't see her till 1997.
She got married Chuck Mitchell. Chuck took her to the US and then they sang a song in coffeehouses together. They wrote songs for other singers, and moved to jazz music after had many famous album. She won 9 grammies. In 1970, she won her first Grammy Award for Best Folk Performance. She released 18 albums. She worked with many artists in folk and jazz music. In 2002, she retired. And she cameback to her job in 2005.
I think she was a great singer. Actually I like music. But I've never heard her music before. I heard today the first time. I surprised when I heard her voice. Because her voice was so nice. I like her voice.   

No comments:

Post a Comment